Personal Care Services is a Medicaid benefit that helps clients with everyday tasks. These tasks are called activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living.
Examples of ADLs:
- Going to the toilet
Examples of IADLs:
- Light housework
- Fixing meals
To get PCS, you must:
- Be birth through age 20 and have Medicaid.
- Have a disability, physical or mental illness, or a health problem that lasts for a long time.
- Have a Practitioner Statement of Need signed by a practitioner (physician, advanced practice nurse, or physician assistant) who has examined you in the last twelve months.
- Need help with ADLs and IADLs based on the Personal Care Assessment Form.
- Give a reason why your guardian cannot help you with ADLs and IADLs.